Get Your Furnace Ready For Winter
Furnaces and heaters should be serviced once each year by a qualified furnace service technician. Furnace maintenance service or heater maintenance service can take place at any time during the year; the warm off-heating season months are an ideal time to call the furnace repair and maintenance service, leaving your heating unit ready for the winter to come.
Maintenance service for a furnace or heater ensures that your unit is running at its best. When furnaces and heaters run well, they run less often, burn less energy, and heat more efficiently. Furnace service also ensures that clean air is passing through your heater unit, making your home or building more dust and allergen-free.
Furnace and heater service calls for maintenance are priced affordably by heater service and repair companies. It’s a small investment that pays for itself over the course of the heating months. Annual furnace maintenance service usually includes:
- Thorough cleaning of the blower, motor, and filter system (dirt is more to blame for furnace failure than anything else, and is the prime reason furnaces fail prematurely)
- Replacement of the furnace filter (which should be replaced every month after furnace service during the heating season; it is a good idea to ask your heater service technician to teach you how when they come for furnace maintenance)
- Cleaning of belts and pulleys to the blower
- Oil filter replacement
- Burner adjustment if needed
- Examination and adjustment of regulators and controls
- Examination of overall structure, parts and control
If a structural, part, or control break down is noted at the time of your maintenance furnace service, your heater maintenance technician will advise you and present options for correction. This simple step can save you a lot of money by preventing a winter furnace breakdown which could leave you freezing and even lead to broken pipes and other home disasters.
In the long run, good furnace maintenance will go a long way to save energy, reduce emissions, and save you money on your heating utility bill. For reliable furnace service in Albany, and the surrounding areas, contact Albany Mechanical and schedule your furnace maintenance or heater maintenance today, before your unit is in demand.